Relish Oat Crackers

It was time to find different uses for the relish I received for review, so I decided to incorporate it into a quick and easy cracker recipe.
And to dip the resulting crackers into the relish. No, that would sound too much like a twisted David Lynch movie. Almost crack-nnibalistic. Or something.

For the record: I’m having a hard time keeping the husband out of the kitchen away from these, just as was the case with the quackers. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Relish Oat Crackers:

1 cup old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup garlic dill relish, or any relish, or even salsa
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, grated

Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or Silpat.
In your food processor, grind the oats into as fine a flour as you can get.
Add the nutritional yeast, salt, baking powder, and pulse several times.
Add relish, olive oil, and garlic, pulse until the dough starts coming together.
Roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment or two Silpats, to a little under 1/4 inch. Using a 1 1/2-inch round cookie cutter, cut out crackers until you run out of dough, rolling it out again in between each batch.
Bake crackers for 14 to 16 minutes, depending on size and thickness, until they are light golden brown at the bottom.
Slide the parchment paper or Silpat off of the cookie sheet, and let cool directly on there.

Yield: about 45 crackers

• allularpunk says:

i just made these and they are awesome awesome AWESOME! they are like the best goldfish crackers i have ever eaten in my LIFE! celine, you are superior to like…everyone. they are good with roasted garlic mustard, by the way. but then again, so is everything.

these crackers rulse. omg.

holy crap: you waste no time!

• allularpunk says:

i got drunk on a monday and needed crackers asap. they are perfect though, still. michael wanted me to make a second batch after the two of us + one friend polished off the whole thing, but i had run out of oats. he offered to walk 12 blocks to get me more. that’s how good they are.

and apparently easy enough to make inebriated, which is a plus.

• Kelly says:

Those are adorable. I’m going to a soup party this weekend where everyone brings a batch of their favorite soup so I may have to bake up a batch of these to serve on the side. They are absolutely adorable! I also like the new comment format. It may have been around for awhile but I am just noticing it now.

it’s new! I like to be able to answer individually instead of making it messy like it used to be.
      have fun at the soup party, which has got to be the most brilliant thing I’ve ever heard of.

• heather says:

adorable! they’d be a great addition to a party spread!

cheers,

*heather*

• Y says:

How cute! I could probably fit ten in my mouth at one time! Just one question though, what is nutritional yeast?

here is a link to the stuff: it’s inactive yeast, not the type you’d use for bread.
      it’s great to add to pretty much everything, but the downside is that while a lot of people adore it, some others aren’t fans of the flavor. you can find smaller containers of it to give it a try before splurging with something larger, Y.
      do let me know what you think of the yeast if you try it!

this link has a little more info than the other one I gave you did.

• larissa says:

great pics and layout! the soup sounds yummy!