Breakfast time and not breakfast time.

Please let it be breakfast time 24/7.
Freshly baked rye bread, fruit-sweetened apricot jam, loads and loads of black coffee, and cats basking in the morning sun making its way through the windows.
Cats not pictured here, and cat hair flying in the food not included either.
Unless you find cat hair to add a little je ne sais quoi to your food. It takes all kinds?

Tasty things that make it bearable for it not to be breakfast time 24/7:
Remember the cold cuts I mentioned in that post I wrote the other day, the one with the raspberry spread?
Tami posted the recipe for the cuts on her blog, oh happy day.

Also, I stumbled upon this the other day and have been daydreaming of it ever since. Stuffing. In rice paper wraps. With beans! Take that, traditional Thanksgiving fare.

I usually only manage to work on about 8 spring or summer rolls before my eyes start to glaze over from boredom, so there’s always an opened package of rice paper wraps glaring at me when I need something from the fridge. This recipe ought to take care of it right and proper.

Next step on the road to spring rolled bliss: John’s squash dressing/stuffing.

But in the meantime, I am itching to make the East Coast Coffee Cake from Vegan Brunch since I have tons of jam and a need for speed baking.

ETA: It’s been made, and well loved.

• Shannon says:

Love the post!

Also, I seriously want to buy some of your photos and display them! You have an amazing eye!

Ta tasse est super jolie! J’aime son air un peu cabossé: ça lui donne l’air d’avoir du vécu. :)
    Et tu as vu le commentaire au-dessus? Je pense que ce serait effectivement une bonne idée d’offrir certaines de tes photos en vente (si ça te dit, évidemment) – il y a clairement des gens qui seraient intéressés…

elles me font rigoler ces tasses. sont pas trop chères non plus, always a plus.
      oui j’ai vu le gentil commentaire. si j’ai l’audace de faire ça un jour (on en revient à ton poste), ça serait pour donner tous les bénéfices à Farm Sanctuary ou qqch du genre. on verra.

• Alicia says:

I need rye bread and apricot jam. Right. Now. And I love that cup!

• JohnP says:

Good luck with the squash dressing! And, as you know, you have the best food photographs on the internet.

• Cara says:

Where in the world did you buy that coffee cup? It is absolutely fabulous! And so are your pictures! And so looks that bread–I *wish* I could have some :( Sans cat hair, of course. ha

I can’t remember the exact name of the shop, but do a search for Boulder mugs, and you should be able to find them. they come in various colors and are about $10 a pop.