Some Good Things

UntitledUntitledUntitledUntitled

I feel weird writing about food stuff when there’s so much going on. The aftermath of Sandy. The elections, now thankfully over by the time I finally get around to posting this.
And, and, and.
Regardless, here are a few just-because pictures and words.

Picture #1: C is for? Crafty things, maybe. I’m more obsessed with threads, fabrics & old objects lately than I am with food. Thus the quietness around here. I still eat (duh), but I’m mostly making old favorites and other people’s recipes. All that while trying to ignore a wisdom tooth that’s trying to drive me completely gaga.

Pictures #2 & #3: Whole wheat rum raisin muffins and chocolate pound cake. I’ve played around with these recipes a little more since taking the pictures, upping the cocoa in the pound cake, packing some extra flavor in the muffins, and now I’m really happy with both. Especially since the pound cake has the texture and taste of a vegan-unfriendly cake I used to eat.
I’m waiting for a 25-pound bag of whole wheat pastry flour to magically appear on my doorstep come Monday evening, so that I can take updated pictures, and eventually post the recipes.

Picture #4: Cupcakes. I hadn’t eaten any for a couple of years. And now I’m back: these ones are perfection, even to the walnut-hater of the house.

Since it’s been a while, I should mention that the blog tour is alive and kicking. You can keep track of the posts on the always up-to-date (thanks to Tami, no thanks to me) sandwich book facebook page.

I hope you’re all safe and well!

• Mattheworbit says:

I would love to eat all of that (other than the thread)… Yum! And even in times of crisis, people need distraction and food.

Happy to see your just-because pictures and words popping up in my reader! Just because.
    Quite possibly because I <3 you, actually. Thinking of you and missing you, too.

• Jojo says:

Uch, my wisdom tooth is driving me crazy so I know how you’re feeling. I have an appointment in December to see about having it taken out. Your pound cake looks insanely good, I could really go for a slice or two right now.

Oh crap, and you have to wait so long to get it checked out? I hope you have good painkillers at hand. Good luck, Jojo.

• Rebecca W. says:

Perfect timing! I was just thinking, “What should I bake after work?” I decided to go with Bake and Destroy’s “Vegan Elvis Comeback Special Cupcake,” but they look pretty similar to the ones you made but with peanut butter frosting instead. Thank you very much. (In Elvis voice, obviously.)

I haven’t seen the recipe you mention here, I’ll have to check it out. And I totally heard the thank you very much in an Elvis voice. Well played.

• urbanvegan says:

Celine, your photos always take my breath away. My blood pressure drops as soon as I get here :)