1. Berry love.
2. Enoki mushrooms. I love and hate them: such a complicated relationship with mushrooms.
3. Bought a huge amount of these Thai peppers at the Asian food store, can’t get enough of them.
4. I love this cat so much. She’s 12 years old and my gloomy side can’t remember life before her, and doesn’t want to imagine life without her.
5. Give me all the pluots.
6. A lovely dessert: tahini lime peanuts with grilled pineapple and coconut crema. Part of my upcoming first solo cookbook. Meep.
7. I wish I could say these golden tomatoes we purchased at the market were as great as they look, but we’ve been spoiled with our homegrown tomatoes and nothing compares anymore.
8. This jar of luscious vegan Nocciolata was sent my way for feedback. At first I was disappointed eating it at room temperature, it seemed too sweet and not hazelnut-y enough. BUT WAIT. Popping it in the refrigerator (even though you’re not supposed to do that from what the label says: clearly the label doesn’t live where triple-digit temps are the norm during summer) made it all better and now it tastes like that chocolate hazelnut spread we all grew up in. Yes, in. Nose first. A+!
9. Macaccino. A maca-based coffee alternative that was also sent my way for review. My go-to way to prepare Macaccino is to blend it with 9 ounces of hot (but not boiling) nut milk along with a little sweetener, because the mix is free of sugar. I say “blend” because a handheld blender is the most surefire way to nix all clumps, plus it also helps create some lovely foam. Pero remains my favorite beverage when I’m fighting those caffeine demons, but I like using both alternately. As a sidenote, really loving the unsweetened French Vanilla Nutpods creamer seen on the side.
10. Finally, Kuali bars, sent from the company itself. They compare them to popped rice crisp treats and it’s true. While the first bite is a bit healthier-tasting (you know that almost floral flavor amaranth has?), the subsequent ones are reminiscent of rice crisp treats of yore. A great treat/snack to have handy when mid-morning hunger strikes.
1. Berry love.