We’ve spent countless hours proofreading this book, and yet a few errors still managed to find their way in.
I cannot say how sorry I am about this, and I thank you in advance for getting in touch with Tami or me, should you run into a typo, or have a question for us.
Also, there was no room for a handful of less vital recipe components, such as spice mixes. You will find most of them here.
Oh and we’ve tweaked the Peanut Butter Banana Bacon Sandwich just a little bit to add a flavor boost to the chickpea bacon, and you can find the updated recipe here.
• Page 15, in Recipe Icons: “Unless one of our recipes contains seitan or baked goods” – clearly this makes no sense. What we meant to say is, “Unless the recipe is a baked good or contains seitan, it can be made gluten-free in a snap…”
• This isn’t an error, but on page 53: we’ve tried the cabana cheese with 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of oil instead of 3 tablespoons (45 ml) since the book was published, and found it to be just as tasty. Just an FYI in case you monitor your oil intake.
• Page 73, the list of ingredients should read: “1 cup cooked sushi rice, hot” and the water should be omitted. The directions for the rice should read: “Scoop the rice into a bowl. Combine the vinegar, tamari, oil, and sugar in a small bowl, then pour over the rice and gently fluff. Let cool.”
• Page 88, the nondairy butter in the ingredient list is supposed to be melted in order to be applied on the bierocks. Or you can just let the residual heat of the bierocks melt it for you.
• Page 101, the directions should read as follows, “To Make the Spread and Sandwiches: In a small bowl, stir the sour cream through (and including) the dill pickle. Refrigerate in an airtight container.” Also, lengthwise is spelled incorrectly in the directions.
• Page 104, some baking time is missing from the fish sticks directions for Unfishwich. They need to be baked 10 minutes, then: “Flip the sticks over and bake for another 10 minutes.
Transfer the sticks to a shallow baking pan and drizzle the butter sauce over them. Set the oven to broil. Broil the sticks for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown.”
• Page 127, the directions should read as follows, “To Make the Spread: Combine the first 5 ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to use.”
• Page 134, sandwiches is spelled incorrectly in the yield.
• Page 148, the directions should read as follows, “To Make the Rub: Combine all the ingredients (except the cooking spray and hoagie buns) on a plate. Rub into both sides of the marinated cutlets.”